- Perfect hold for plant roots: substrate with 0.2 – 0.6 mm grain size for freshwater and marine aquariums and terrariums
- Ideal for aquarium care: its fine granulation and density prevents sludge and other waste material from seeping in
- Ideal for fish, invertebrates and plants: no unwanted pollutants released into the water. Fine, round-shaped granite sand is gentle on sensitive barbels of bottom-dwellers.
- Use: spread substrate on top of the nutrient substrate (approx. 6-8 cm for vigorous plant growth)
- Contents: 1 bag Sansibar White. Not really suitable for undergravel heating cables
JBL Sansibar White
The substrate is an important part of the aquarium interior because a lot of animals dig in the ground to search for food. The plants also need a safe hold and have to absorb the food in the ground through their roots. Digging fish definitely need a substrate which is not sharp-edged. Undergravel heating can only be recommended for medium-fine to coarse substrates because water circulation cannot really build up in very fine substrates.